Bishop Peak Technology, Inc. (“Bishop Peak Technology”) takes your privacy seriously. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with Bishop Peak Technology’s products and services as defined in our Terms of Service (“Services”).
What Personal Information Does Bishop Peak Technology Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, Twitter usernames, use information regarding your use of our Services, and browser information. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, and communicating with you about new features and enhancements. Your Services account will be associated with your email address and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. Information you provide to one of our Services may be used with other Services you may use. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for communal benefit.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties: We receive and store information from third parties that interact in some way with the Services or that provide services to us in connection with the Services. For example, if you are an agency providing vehicle location information through an external vendor, your vehicle location information is first transacted through your vendor’s servers.
How is My Information Shared?
Publicly Available Information, API, and Apps: When you provide data to the Services with existing public information, it may already be searchable by search engines and already be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our API to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified ridership data (that is, not tied to individual users), to third parties, including users of our API, for analytical or other purposes.
Determining and Sharing Location
Determining your location – Some of our Services deal with location, so in order to work, the Services need to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with our apps on your mobile device or go to one of our Sites, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services experience to your current location (i.e., we’ll show you a list of nearby locations, friends and tips). This information is NOT shared with others. Also, the Services use your mobile device’s ‘background location’ to provide the Services, including to send you notifications.
Sharing Location with our mobile applications (and any derivatives) – Your personally identifiable location data is never shared with anyone.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Bishop Peak Technology and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. In other situations, Bishop Peak Technology provides services, or sells items jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Business Transfers: If Bishop Peak Technology or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Bishop Peak Technology goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Bishop Peak Technology and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Bishop Peak Technology, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your account and associated Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Bishop Peak Technology strives to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Bishop Peak Technology cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Sites or the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Bishop Peak Technology allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Services by visiting the user settings page.
This list will change as our Service changes:
- Email address
- Other user profile information
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, please contact us.
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Services account, contact your service administrator. The administrator may do so by clicking on the “delete account” link on the user accounts page. If you terminate your account, your Personal Information will be removed from the site and deleted from Bishop Peak Technology servers. Because of the way we maintain our Services, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to one-hundred and eighty (180) days.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain if it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to one-hundred and eighty (180) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please contact us and provide a detailed message regarding your inquiry. We will make every reasonable effort to address your concern.